Our community hall is home to many events in Burpee-Mills. It's a 1600 square foot gymnasium-style space with adjoining 300 square foot kitchen that's part of the municipal complex. Everything from pancake breakfasts to wedding receptions to celebration of life events happen in the community hall. This facility is available for rent, too.
- Licensed/Private Event - $125 + $200 Damage Deposit (The sponsor of a licensed event must adhere to all LCBO conditions.)
- Unlicensed/Resident - Hall $25 & Kitchen $25 (if used)
- Unlicensed/Non-resident - Hall $50 & Kitchen $50 (if used) + $100 Damage Deposit
- Committee of Council - Hall $25 & Kitchen $25 (if used).
- Instruction: If open to the Public (with no attendance fee charged) - Hall $ nil/Kitchen $25 (if used)
- Instruction: If open to the Public (with an attendance fee charged) - Hall $ 25/Kitchen $25 (if used)
- Instruction: Resident – Private - Hall $50 & Kitchen $50 (if used)
- Instruction: Non-Resident – Private - Hall $50 & Kitchen $50 (if used)
- Funeral/Funeral Luncheon - Hall $25 + Kitchen $25(if used)
(Damage deposit submission will confirm non-resident rental. Deposit will be returned after inspection of premises assures that no damage has occurred. The municipal kitchen facility is not available for preparation of food products for sale at another location.)
1. The capacity of the Hall & Annex for all unlicensed functions is 269 with non-fixed chairs (170 chairs available), and 182 for Licensed or Dining. (21 tables available) (Table size is 2.5’ x 8’)
2. The person renting the hall/kitchen is responsible for:
a) Cleaning off and wiping all tables and chairs.
b) Returning all tables and chairs properly to designated storage location.
c) Sweeping and spot mopping the floors
d) Making sure all garbage is properly sorted and removed from the premises.
e) Cleaning the kitchen - dishes, coffee perks, sinks, counters etc.
f) Shutting off the dish sterilizer and draining its contents.
g) Turning off all lights.
h) Locking all windows and doors.
i) Reporting damages to municipal property.
j) Providing tablecloths and consumable supplies.
k) Washing and returning tea towels and dish cloths.
l) Kitchen utensils must not be removed from municipal premises.
3. No open flames, helium balloons or confetti are allowed in the building.
4. No tape or thumbtacks are to be used on the painted surfaces.
5. Children’s functions must be well chaperoned. Please supply adequate adult supervision to prevent injury or damage and to encourage appropriate behavior.
6. The renter will be charged for any extra cleaning and/or damages to the building and contents.
7. Hall Policy is not to lend out tables and chairs from the building.
(Keys are to be picked up at the municipal complex (Monday to Thursday) the week prior to the scheduled event)